I was nominated by Naemi @A Book Owl’s Corner for the Liebster Award back in August. I was on vacation back then, and then I got back to work, and life got busy, and the days went by… So here I am, about a month later, finally answering those questions. Thank you so much for nominating me Naemi and sorry for taking so long to do this! Everyone else, please check her blog out, escpecially if you’re looking for amazing, creative and well-written content and a great person behind the blog.
What is The Liebster Award?
According to information on The Global Aussie‘s page:
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
1. What is a trope you can’t help but love, even though it’s overused?
Good vs Evil. Whether it is battling against a great evil or overthrowing an authoritarian regime, I love it when good people come together to fight the good fight. Is it a trope that has been done to death? Yes, but as long as there is trouble in the world, this type of stories will always be relevant and as longs as we’re human, we’ll always cherish them.
2. Describe your perfect quarantine day!
There are rumours that the government is thinking of putting us back into quarantine where I live, so excellent timing for this question. I’m going to describe my days in the previous quarantine, because I absolutely do not want to think of it as a possible near future situation. During quarantine I didn’t work and neither did the rest of my family so we spent all day together at home. We would wake up whatever time we wanted since time was truly just a concept back then, and engage with our hobbies until lunch. I read so much and binged so many shows and movies during quarantine. After lunch, mom and I would bake something, usually a cake or cookies, and then we’d all go for a mini walk around the block (we had to text the government for that, it was weird). Late in the evening we would make hot chocolate, put on a random playlist and play cards until 3am. If you ignore the existential dread and the daily government announcements, those days were sometimes fun.
3. If you could have any fictional pet, what would you choose?
A dragon. Even if dragons existed, could I realistically have one as a pet? No, I don’t live in a freaking castle. But, who wouldn’t love to have a dragon as their best friend? They FLY! And they breathe fire! And in most stories they’re shown to have strong bonds with their riders. They’re like gigantic, scaly, fire-breathing dogs. The perfect pet!
4. What is your favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing is the opportunity to write and be creative. I love thinking of fun, creative projects to write about and combining my other interests with books and book related topics. As for my least favourite thing, I’ve just started blogging and I’m enjoying every bit of it. Sometimes, though, I catch myself dreading the effort that has to be put into interacting and gaining an audience. But, that’s mostly on me and my anxiety not blogging as an activity.
5. If you were stranded on a deserted island all alone, which fictional character and which author would you choose to join you and why?
I’d choose Mark Watney from The Martian because that man sure knows how to survive on deserted spaces. Plus, he’s really funny so we’d have a good time together. From authors, I’d choose to resurrect J.R.R. Tolkien and spend all my days on the island listening to his narrations.
6. Describe your favorite book using emojis or GIFs, but don’t tell us what it is. Let’s see if someone can guess it in the comments!
I’m picking one of my international favourites, not a Greek one, so you can all play along:
7. If you could have any character from a book teach you one skill, what would you learn and who would be your mentor?
I would like miss Elizabeth Bennet to teach me how to actually talk to people and talk back when insulted without crying!
8. Have you ever dressed up as a character from a book?
No, I’ve never thought of doing this. Even if I wanted to, I don’t think I’d have the confidence to that, though.
9. What book are you proudest of forcing on other people? (For their own good, of course…)
I forced the Portrait of Dorian Grey on my mom a couple of years ago and that rekindled her desire to read. Now, she’s always borrowing my books or asking for recommendations. It’s something we love to share.
10. What is your favorite blog post that you’ve ever written and why?
I love all my posts, but my favourite so far has to be the one in which I matched book characters with football (soccer) clubs. I had so much fun finding the perfect team for each character and writing about it. Football and books are a niche combination of interests, but they’re two of my favourite things and I loved putting them together.
11. Which post that someone else wrote have you enjoyed recently?
I read so many good posts recently, how can I choose?? Ahh, I really loved Abby’s @Beyond the Read “Musical Shuffle Book Tag” because it included many of my favourite musicals! I also really enjoyed Naemi’s @A Book Owl’s Corner “Lost In Translation” that brought me back to my university days and Margaret @Weird Zeal’s “10 overused tropes that I’ll never get tired of” which had a great combination of tropes and gifs!
I’m only following a small amount of blogs for now, so I’m bending the rules a bit and tagging less than 11 people (I hope that’s ok). If I’ve barely interacted with you, hi! I really enjoy reading all your posts!
Of course you don’t have to answer them if you don’t want to!
- If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
- If you could give every person on earth the same book to read, which book would you choose?
- What’s the best first line you’ve read in a book?
- What’s your favourite book to screen adaptation?
- What fictional world would you like to live in?
- Tell me your favourite book from your country/ in your native language.
- Which author would you choose to write your biography?
- Where do you find inspiration for your posts?
- Make a list of five of your favourite songs that you would like everyone to listen to.
- Have you ever read a book that filled you with rage? Rant about it!
- Have you ever read a book that filled you with happiness? Rave about it!
Can you guess my favourite book from the emojis? What’s your favourite post you’ve written so far?